How do I start my child in school?
- Getting started in the District schools is done at the individual school site. To start your child(ren), please contact your individual school site. You will need the following documents to start your child:
- One proof of residency (Utility bill, Telephone bill, Mortgage statement, etc.)
- Immunization records
- Address of prior school attended (so that a request may be sent to transfer your child’s records)
- Proof of age (Birth certificate, a certified copy of a birth record or a statement by the local registrar or a county recorder certifying the date of birth, or a baptism certificate duly attested, or a passport, or when none of the forgoing is obtainable, an affidavit of the parent, guardian, or custodian of the minor, or any other appropriate means of proving the age of the child as prescribed by the governing board of the school district.
- Proof of current physical examination (In order to meet State requirements, must have occurred after March 1 of the year that the child is starting school.)
For additional information regarding starting your child in school, please call your neighborhood school.