Citizens Bond Oversight Committee
About The Citizens Bond Oversight Committee
State law requires the appointment of an independent committee consisting of 7 members, 5 of whom meet the following criteria and are able to fulfill a two year term
- 1 member must be an active member of the business community
- 1 member must be active in a senior citizens' organization
- 1 member shall be active in a bona fide taxpayers' organization
- 1 member shall be the parent or guardian of a student enrolled in the District's schools
- 1 member shall be the parent or guardian of a student enrolled in the District's schools and active in a parent-teacher organization
The Committee’s purpose is to ensure that all bond money is expended only for the purposes set forth in the ballot measure. They must also monitor progress of the Bond projects as well as receive and review copies of the annual performance and financial audits of Bond projects as required by California State Law.
Below is the Application for those interested in applying for the Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committee.
Please call the District Office at (562) 943-0211 with any questions.